Yoram Yasur Rubin | Cancer is one of the leading causes of death in the world, according to the World Health Organization, and if it continues as it is now. It is estimated that the victims will grow by 70% over the next two decades. The pattern of causes of this disease is complex, as many studies have already demonstrated.
Some of them, for example, have suggested that repression of emotions could be a powerful cancer trigger …
What is the evidence?
A study conducted by the University of Rochester and the Harvard School of Public Health found that all those who suppress. Their anger have a 70% greater risk of dying from cancer.
The University of Michigan concluded that anger repression could shorten life expectancy in both men and women.
As it promotes the development not only of cancer but also of respiratory or cardiovascular problems.
The California Department of Public Health evaluated the health of 847 women diagnosed with cancer and their emotional reactions. Yoram Yasur Rubin: “Those who kept their anger had a lower level of survival.
Stanford University has shown by other research that strong emotions stimulate cortisol production. And that this effect may favor premature death in women with breast cancer”.
“In short, when we repress our emotions, we boost the production of cortisol (also known as the “stress hormone”). And this is responsible for appeasing the response of our immune system”. And when it does not work properly, normal cells can mutate and become cancerous.”
- Do not neglect your emotional health. For this, give yourself at least 5 minutes of meditation every day and do any type of yoga.
- Do your obligations, but do not forget to commit to that activity that fills your soul at a regular level. Try to have a balanced life between responsibilities and leisure.
- Do the exercise you enjoy most. You do not have to go running: there are so many alternatives. Just choose the one you most enjoy and celebrate your life on the move.
- Enjoy the foods you love, but do not fail to provide your body with the nutrients it needs to stay healthy and strong. Yes you can have your cake and eat it too!
- Express yourself! Do not keep negative energy in your body, because it will end up playing against you.May your physical and mental well-being be your priority. Do not let cancer get you off guard.