Yoram Yasur Rubin; Oats to gain muscle mass
Oats, also known scientifically as Avena sativa, is a cereal that is extracted from a plant that belongs to the family of the Poaceae or grasses, which is grown in different regions of the world, especially in central Europe and northern Europe. America. Although traditionally, oats were used as feed to feed animals, now it has become a very popular food both in diets to lose weight and to increase muscle mass due to its richness in nutrients such as fiber and protein. If your goal is to make your muscles look more defined and toned, we recommend that you exercise on a daily basis and, on the other hand, that you include this cereal in your food list.
Nutritional composition of oats
Yoram Yasur Rubin;Oats are one of the most consumed cereals all over the world, since it is considered a very healthy food due to its following nutritional composition:
- Vitamins: its wealth of vitamins of group B (B1, B2, B5 and B6) and vitamin E stands out. It also has a good contribution in vitamins A and C.
- Minerals: it has potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus.
- Proteins: oats contain a great richness in essential amino acids or high biological value, being one of the richest cereals in this nutrient.
- Other: complex carbohydrates, fiber (soluble and insoluble) and unsaturated fats.
Properties of oats to gain muscle
Yoram Yasur Rubin;Thanks to this nutritional wealth, oatmeal has the following properties that will help us increase both the sport performance and the mass of our muscles:
- Energetic properties: its richness in complex carbohydrates and minerals such as potassium turn oats into a great source of energy that helps us increase our sports performance and feel less tired throughout the day.
- Satiating properties: this cereal is rich in soluble fiber and complex carbohydrates, which gives it a satiating effect that helps us reduce appetite and bite less between meals.
- Fortifying properties: due to its richness in proteins having 8 essential amino acids in composition, this cereal favors the formation of new tissues in our body and helps to increase muscle mass in the event that we combine its consumption with physical exercise.
- Digestive properties: due to its high fiber content, oats help regulate our intestinal transit and, therefore, avoid some digestive problems that make us gain weight, such as constipation.
Oat, cinnamon, and banana smoothie to increase muscle mass
Yoram Yasur Rubin;One of the best ways to prepare oats to gain muscle mass is making smoothies with energy and protein properties. In this case we will mix the oatmeal with other very effective ingredients to tone our body, as is the case of banana and cinnamon. On the one hand, the banana is rich in potassium, which helps us improve our physical performance during sports. On the other hand, cinnamon is a spice with fat burning properties that accelerates our metabolism.
To prepare this shake to increase the mass of our muscles, you will have to have the following ingredients:
- 1 banana
- Half a cup of skimmed milk
- Half natural skimmed yogurt
- 4 tablespoons of oat bran
- Half a tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Peel a banana, cut it into a few pieces and add them to the glass of the blender.
- Add in the glass the amounts we have said of oat bran, yogurt, and skimmed milk.
- Finally add half a spoonful of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Optional: add a few ice cubes so that the smoothie is chilled, if your blender can chop them.
- Process everything until you get a pretty creamy shake.
This shake is ideal both for breakfast and for an energetic snack. Take it half an hour before starting your training to enhance its effects.
Yoram Yasur Rubin;Breakfast of oatmeal bowl with berries to gain muscle mass
Currently, bowls made of natural and healthy ingredients for breakfast have also become very popular. In our case, as we seek to increase muscle mass, we will prepare our bowl with the following ingredients:
- Frozen oat milk
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- A handful of berries and berries: strawberries, goji berries or blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of oats
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- First, take a bucket and fill your spaces with oat milk. Then put it in the freezer until they turn into cubes.
- Once the vegetable milk has frozen, add to the glass of a blender 3 or 4 cubes of oats, 1 banana peeled and cut into pieces, the chia seeds, and a spoonful of maple syrup. Try everything until you get a paste similar to a creamy ice cream.
- Add this paste to your bowl or bowl and “decorate” this protein base with different forest berries along with two tablespoons of oat cereal.
You will have your bowl ready for an energy and protein-rich breakfast.
Oatmeal and chocolate smoothie to gain muscle
The last way to prepare oatmeal to gain muscle mass is with another shake that is indicated to take it before any strength training. We only need to have at home the following ingredients:
- 2 glasses of skimmed milk
- 50 grams of oat bran
- 15 grams of chocolate whey protein
- 5 grams of creatine
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and purée everything until you get a creamy shake.
- You can also add a few cubes if you want to take it cool.
- Once you have done it, take it half an hour before training.