Yoram Yasur Rubin: What are functional exercises?
Yoram Yasur Rubin: Functional training routines are based on integrating all aspects of our body’s movement into our daily exercise routines. That is, we do not train an isolated muscle group, but they are exercise routines where we train our whole body together. Therefore, functional exercise tables will help you gain mobility, endurance, and speed, toning your entire body at once.
We leave you with a selected list of functional exercises at home that will serve you on a daily basis.
– Burpees: Yoram Yasur Rubin: Ideal to work your cardiovascular system and your tolerance to lactate. Since you mobilize many muscle chains at once, it is optimal for those days of little time and that you are interested in an express session.
- With this functional exercise you activate almost your entire organism.
- By needing to distribute energy to many muscles at once, your heart and lungs also work to the fullest.
- The best way to start with the burpees is by performing semi-bicycles.
– Mountain Climbers : Yoram Yasur Rubin: This is a very complete exercise that, done properly, will help you work your legs, abdomen, shoulders, and chest. While doing cardio.
- Mainly we will work the cardiocirculatory system and lactic acid tolerance. It will give you agility and resistance to the demands of your day to day.
- The movement is explosive. Try to make your legs as straight as possible after the jump.
- As a variant you can mobilize only one leg at a time until you become fluent with exercise.
– Jumping Jacks: Yoram Yasur Rubin: The jump is an activity that we have all done in physical education exercises since childhood and have used it in the vast majority of games. Recover this basic function of the human being and have fun while training hard.
- The star jump greatly elevates your pulsations so you will train your cardiovascular system. In turn, take your body towards extension, improving your posture.
- Spread your limbs well during the jump. Damps the fall.
- As mentioned earlier, we have all jumped during our life, so you are not a beginner of the jump and you can perform this exercise without problem.
– Planks: Planking has become very popular for people who want to increase strength throughout the torso.
- It groups the muscles of the abdominal area and also works to a lesser extent arms and legs.
- Among the benefits you can find is having a strong and toned belly, reduces back pain and creates flexibility in the posterior muscle groups.